Thursday, May 19, 2011

Summer on the Horizon

Well, summer is around the corner, and to me, there is no better season.  Ever since I was a little kid, summer had a way of bringing out the best in life.  Luckily for me, I have been able to spend the majority of my summers at our family beach house.  It's always nice to be able to drive down to the beach and have a place to hang out with family and friends.  Personally, a nice cold drink on the patio with the sun on my face always hits the spot.  Before I continue, however, I would be selfish and foolish not to recognize the work that went into the house by elder family members.  Thank you.  There is no price or tangible item that can define the worth of that house, and to me, that's what makes it so special.

As I sit here in the library during finals week, it is difficult for me not to think about being there.  The smell of sea salt, the sound of the waves, and the sun warming up my entire body is a beautiful thing.  A lot of people in the world search for happiness.  A lot of people don't understand what happiness is.  For a while there, I didn't know what it was either, but I think I have a clearer idea now.  I know at least one thing that makes me happy and it is that beach house.  It's not so much the fact that it sits right on the sand or its beautiful Southern California location, but it's more what that house represents.  The experiences I have had there have all been so meaningful that I hope some day I will be able to enjoy some of the same experiences with my children.

P.S. I'm hopeful the entire LOWERY family can make an appearance at the house this summer!  Miss you guys, hope you're all doing well!



3 comments:

  1. Yeah Man we'll be done there. Hope your doing good Blake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really enjoyed your thoughts thanks gma

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a test so gald you appreciate the tradition of thebeach house veryimportant to me lv gma

    ReplyDelete