Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sports Talk Radio

Sports radio might be one of the most underrated forms of infotainment out there.  710 ESPN is my preferred station and it never seems to disappoint.  Granted, I am a Laker fan and the majority of conversation involves them.  However, the banter, the jokes, the detailed analysis, and interaction is unlike any other form of media.

I don't know what it is but listening to the radio always makes me thirst for more talk radio.  For example, I work as a valet as most of you know and the adult male in a luxury car with 710 ESPN on the radio is a common occurrence.  Whenever this happens, I can't help but turn up the volume and let my mind soak it all in.  I become so engaged that sometimes I'll park the car and just sit there drawing out two or three more minutes of listening.

So, next time you're in your car, tune in and be amazed.

Also, don't forget to try listening to a game, it is a very unique experience.  It's like reading a book, your mind is allowed to interpret the story in a very detailed manner.  The same goes for a game.  Your ears hinge on every word from the broadcast team while your mind works rapidly to portray an imagined picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment