Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Greatest Not To Be

Words cannot describe it but they can try. 

I believed I could fly. 
I did fly, higher than high. 

Then I fell lower than low. 
Left my hometown on the go. 

Took my talents to South Beach guaranteed rings. 
Guaranteed things since I was king of kings. 

Not one, not two, not three, not four.
Now in troubled waters just looking for the shore.

They all probably think I'm a liar.
"He's so good, so strong, but he has no fire." 

I'm just a man expected to be more.
I try to block it out but I can't close the door.

Nobody can guard me when I have the ball.
Except pressure, that guy's too tall. 


I'm the most talented player on Earth.
But I've been my biggest enemy since birth. 

People don't understand they all just laugh.
I know I'm good, I just hate the 2nd half. 

My three MVP's mean nothing, a title is expected. 
But why would I do that for those who've neglected?

I do everything I can, it's just never enough. 
There's no love, not even tough. 

Even if I win one, it won't matter. 
The next year when I lose, everyone will scatter.

I've made my fair share of mistakes along the way.
My "decision" was one but there are an array.

I am the "King" and self-proclaimed "Chosen One."
Sometimes I wonder if I'll be a champion when I'm done. 

Even if I never win, I'm proud of my career.
I am one of the greatest, I'll always hold that dear.

I might never reach Mike, Kobe, Magic, or Bird.
But people know, people have heard.

I'm the NBA's greatest not to be.
I'm Lebron James, don't ever forget me.

Once hated, but now appreciated.


I'm taking off, you take it easy.

Bisq

No comments:

Post a Comment