Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Can It Chuck

He may be wrong, but he doubts it.  I know he's wrong, I don't doubt it.  Charles Barkley has lost some weight but he's also lost his mind.  I've honestly started to think that TNT keeps him on as a NBA analyst for the mere fact that his absurd commentary provides some sort of comedic entertainment.

For example, just last night after the Lakers took a 2-0 commanding lead over the Denver Nuggets, host Ernie Johnson asked Barkley if he still thinks the Nuggets are going to win the series.  Are you serious? Why Barkley even thought that was a logical pick in the first place is beyond me.  But to think the Nuggets can still win after being down 2-0 to a clearly more dominant team is preposterous.

And what's up with these Weight Watchers advertisements?  First of all, how can you go from representing Taco Bell to Weight Watchers?  That'd be like Derek Jeter signing with the Boston Red Sox after his contract expires with the Yankees.  Second of all, Barkley himself admitted that Weight Watchers is a complete scam, basically saying he is making easy money for being their spokesman.  But to be honest, that's probably Weight Watchers' fault more so than it is Barkley's.  As it is though, Barkley runs his mouth more than he runs on the treadmill and that's been his M.O. ever since he retired from the NBA.



Barkley as an NBA player
And you would think that not winning a championship as a player in the NBA would sober up his thought process.  In other words, I don't know what the people at TNT put in that "coffee" cup of his, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had some alcohol content.  In fact, I hope it does so then I can at least give Chuck the benefit of the doubt and blame it on the alcohol like T-Pain and Jamie Foxx.  That seems like a reasonable excuse right?  I mean it worked for Ron Artest when he admitted to drinking during games.  After that, people were more understanding of his belligerence on the court.  Then again, the recent terrorizing elbow to James Harden's dome only proved that maybe the alcohol wasn't a fair excuse for Artest's rugged style of play.

What's in that cup Chuck?

And for Barkley, I don't think any alcohol in the world could bring out some of the ludicrous comments he's made.  To be fair though, Barkley continues to win Emmy Awards.  How he does this I don't know. Like I said earlier, I think it's because his antics are so off-the-wall it has some entertainment value, but who knows.  I think he's too much, too high volume, and not relevant as the Berg would say.  Or, as Barkley would say, "just turrible."

I'm taking off, you take it easy.

Bisq

No comments:

Post a Comment