Friday, May 11, 2012

Bye Beads

I'm a big ESPN guy for those of you who didn't know that already.  It's my homepage on my computer and it's on the TV even when I'm not in the house. One day I hope to be lucky enough to land a job there with my own radio show or as an anchor for the latest edition of SportsCenter.  So, when I hear that Michelle Beadle, a good-looking, funny, and knowledgeable female is planning on leaving ESPN for NBC Sports Network it rattles me a little bit.

Let's be honest, Beadle is a babe.  She's been deemed as the heir apparent to Erin Andrews who is the godmother of sexy sports reporters.  For what it's worth, I give a slight edge to Andrews in the physical department and Beadle a slight edge in the mental department.  Andrews has raw talent, she's good, and she knows it.  Beadle's a guy's girl.  She looks good but knows how to have a good time.  Either way you look at it, it's like Andrew Luck and RG3, you can't go wrong.

SportsNation
Beadle was best known at ESPN for her role on SportsNation.  This was a great show in large part due to her gorgeous blue eyes and my man Colin Cowherd giving the best insight to all things sports since Berg & Bisq.  The show was funny, it was light, it was sometimes stupid, but it was different and that's what made it appealing.  This duo definitely ranked in the top 3 for me as far as ESPN tandem's right behind Neil Everett & Stan Verrett and Scott Van Pelt & Ryen Russillo.  But now that Beadle is leaving what is ESPN is going to do with the SportsNation program?  More importantly, what are they going to do to replace the ever-so-beautiful Beadle?


As much as I love Beadle, it is a business and emotional attachments are frowned upon.  Fortunately for ESPN and it's viewers they always find a way to win.  They're like the Yankees, they don't rebuild, they just reload.  ESPN has been known to have one of the best farm systems in the league and that's no different here.  In case you haven't been keeping up to date with the female employees ESPN has to offer I suggest you take a gander at some of their top prospects (their names are linked to more picture's boys).

Jenn Brown
Sara Walsh

Samantha Steele
All things aside, I'm going to miss Beads, but as you can see ESPN looks like it's in good hands.  It's hard losing a woman who's both good-looking and also knows who plays defensive end for the Cleveland Browns.  The NBC Sports Network will be more than happy to welcome Beadle to their team, that's for sure.  And kudos to them, they are emerging into a top network in the sports world.  I mean, in all fairness, they have Bob Costas, that in it of itself is saying something.  And with them probably signing Beadle to a lucrative deal in the offseason it's possible they could contend with the powerhouse from Bristol (ESPN).  But, if I had my way Beadle would stay in Bristol so I could buy her lunch at the cafeteria when I get there.  So long, Beads.

I'm taking off, you take it easy.

Bisq

1 comment:

  1. +1 to Beadle she really knows her stuff but too bad she works along side a know it all prick in Cowherd...Oh and good luck BA you're a smart guy with a true passion and respect for sports. P.S. LBJ=MVP!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete